Jane’s Walk is a little different in every city, but all City Organizers have three core responsibilities.
1. To read the Jane’s Walk Principles, agree to uphold them, and review any walks planned for their city to make sure they adhere to the Principles.
2. To organize Jane’s Walks, promote them, and serve as the primary contact for local media, Walk Leaders, and walk participants.
3. To support other City Organizers as part of the global Jane’s Walk community with advice, encouragement, and information.
The City Organizer’s role is also to sustain their project locally and help it grow, so we also encourage and support City Organizers to:
– Conduct outreach to bring new voices–both Walk Leaders and participants–into city-building conversations.
– Create and manage local social media accounts.
– Provide Walk Leaders with training, guidance, and advice.
– Collect feedback from Walk Leaders and participants.
– Sustain momentum by building a local support base of Walk Leaders, volunteers, media, and community partners.